Saturday, October 27, 2007

For years Becky has been sending me to the store with "a list". For someone as prideful as me, a list is so limiting. I KNOW I can remember everything on the list, my mind is a steel trap. Becky is starting to agree, once somethings gets in my mind, it is never getting back out-like "what was on that list anyway?" At times I have difficulty "remembering" to get everything on the evil list. I am taking a big step today- I am coming out of the closet and admitting that from time to time I forget things. For this reason, I am changing the way I use this blog. Until now I have been using this blog only as a catalog of a few thoughts from some of the significant books I read. The blog has become much too serious and impersonal. My intention is that I will use this blog as a more encompassing journal of what is going on in my life and the lives of my hot wife and kids. I am doing this because it seems I may not remember everything that happens in my life. I would have much rather stayed in my little utopia- thinking that I remembered everything, it would have taken much less effort than writing everything down. I mean really, if I don't remember it than I obviously don't miss it right? I could have gone through life perfectly happy- if not for the list.

The picture I posted above is my son Brock in the Gooseberry mountains. We went deer hunting this year and he was the GPS man, in charge of not getting us lost. It was a perfect deer hunt. We went on some great hikes, saw a lot of beautiful animals, caught about 30 fish and did not have to take one shot at a deer. Times like like these need to be remembered, it is good I had the list to remind me of that...

No comments: