Monday, January 15, 2007

The Inner Game of Work


I have continued reading The Inner Game of Work I will complete this book this week- I have really enjoyed it. There is great power in “being aware” and not pushing things. The more we push, the more we get in the way of our own success. I am at the point now where I am trying to square this fact with the need to have a plan and be deliberate about things. The book has given me much to think about. I would put it in my top five business books. I have heard so many people say the same things about awareness, alpha, self one, getting in the flow over the past few years, that I have realized I have been pounding the nail way too hard at times. In Physics there is an equation that states

Work = force X distance

a corrilary may be real progress = awareness X following correct principles - force

force may be needed to do work in some definitions, but in life, force is a detractor at best.

No comments: